8.15.2008

A Limerick

Not to hide my light under a bushel:

While perusing the TalkLeft web site's post about whether Hillary Clinton might have won the Democrat presidential nomination if John Edwards had been forced to drop out before Iowa, I saw this exchange:

Isn't Hunter not her real name?
by sarcastic unnamed one on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:24:45 PM EST
It's her married name
by Jeralyn on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 03:27:33 PM EST
She changed her last name to Hunter when she married Alex Hunter III (son of former Boulder District Attorney) in the 90's. There's no requirement you change it back after divorce.

Her birth name was Lisa Druck.

[
Parent ]

Lisa Druck?
by Robot Porter on Wed Aug 13, 2008 at 04:03:30 PM EST
That name would have made for a more interesting limerick.

;)

Well, I was inspired to write a limerick. Not for them, since they wouldn't let me post there (I'm not registered there, and I'd quickly get banned as a site violator if I told them what I really think!). I'll pass it on to you instead!

There was a gal named Lisa Druck,
Who said, "Poverty sure does suck,
"I recommend highly
"living the life of Rielle*,
"And John says I'm a helluva f...riend."

:-)

* - Note that this would not rhyme if her name was pronounced "ree-ell," as most people pronounced it when the scandal broke. However, her mouthpiece told the press that the preferred pronunciation is "riley."