4.27.2007

Slackin'

I've been off this week and feeling lazy.

Sure, I could have written about Sheryl Crow's goofy suggestion of allowing people one square of toilet paper per sitting, but she's been the butt of enough jokes elsewhere. No need for me to crack wise about it.

I could have written about the bizarre Phil Spector, who is on trial for murder and is looking like a latter-day Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap reference!) after his makeover. But hey, who really cares other than Spector, the victim's family and friends, and the tabloid media?

I could even have written about last night's Democratic presidential candidate debate in South Carolina... But again, who really cares other than the candidates, their victims' families and friends, and the tabloid media? Well, as early as they are out "candidating", since it's still more than NINE MONTHS until the first 2008 presidential primaries, you could make a pretty good case that we're ALL their victims! And that goes for the Republican candidates, too.

Funniest comment I've read about the Democratic candidates: "President Gravel? Only in an episode of The Flintstones."