3.14.2008

Not Hiding My Light Under A Bushel

Sometimes somebody sets you up with the opportunity to say (or write) something clever. This is a story about one of those occasions, which occurred yesterday.

I checked a friend's blog yesterday afternoon to see if she had posted anything new (she hadn't). However, I did note that there was a new comment on a two-week-old post, so I read it. My friend has another blog in which she writes about books, and the comment was somewhat related to that:

Hey, just an FYI...looks like we're getting dissed...

http://www.gocomics.com/pricklycity/2008/03/13/

Book readers of the world...unite! ;)

Posted by zonker at March 13, 2008 08:37 AM
Well, I gave that last line the same treatment a major league baseball player would give a hanging slider over the middle of the plate:

"You have nothing to lose but your Barnes & Noble, Borders and Waldenbooks!"

Sorry, comrades, couldn't resist!

Posted by Clyde at March 13, 2008 02:59 PM
Upper deck grand slam. Goodbye, Mr. Spalding!