3.25.2005

It's Not Nice to Fool Mother Nature

I saw on ESPN News this morning that a spring training baseball game in Tucson, Arizona, between the Colorado Rockies and the Arizona Diamondbacks had to be called after 5 innings due to a swarm of bees on the field. Maybe Mother Nature was just a bit ticked off about the steroid abuse in Major League Baseball. If that's the case, future baseball games could feature hordes of locusts, rains of frogs, hungry alligators, who knows? Earthquakes have been done (the World Series in 1989 between San Francisco and Oakland), of course.

Spotted in the mail: A flyer for an art exhibition at the Borsini-Burr Galleries in Half Moon Bay, California, featuring the paintings of Michael Parkes. The flyer showed paintings titled "The Last Peony" and "The Three Graces." I liked them. You can see them by clicking on the link.

We have a bunch of new part-time flexible employees at work. One of the new guys reminds me of my youngest brother. There's a bit of a physical resemblance, although not to the level of "separated at birth." On the other hand, if you had pictures of the new guy, my brother and me, you'd probably pick the other two as the brothers and me as the total stranger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy easter, clyde.

Clyde said...

Happy Easter to you, too, Barbara.