3.13.2005

Fade to Blog

Thursday: Blogger ate my post. Probably just as well. I had worked two hours late and had to go in two hours early Thursday night for Friday, and was feeling quite surly. Actually, I blackmailed them into letting me come in two hours early for my Friday overtime, threatening to use my "get-out-of-jail-free" card Friday morning if they didn't. I didn't want to stay any longer than I had to on Friday morning, since my vacation starts when I leave.

Friday: Every time I think that they've reached the pinnacle of incompetence, they find a higher peak. Friday, they were on Mount Everest, and I think they had the Maintenance guys outside building a higher mountain next to it for their next move. My partner was maxed at 60 hours at 2:00 a.m. and went home. He wasn't the only one. Planning, people, planning! I left work on time at 7:30. I'd like to say it was foresight, but it was just plain dumb luck that I picked the week when they decided to go completely off the rails to take annual leave. Next week will be a great week not to be at work.

Saturday: Weekend at last. Finally I can catch up on my sleep. And television watching.

No comments: