4.28.2008

Glorious Results of a Misspent Week

You might have been wondering just where I've been for the past week or so. No, the Political Correctness police didn't come after me for my last post. I've just been on vacation for the past nine days and decided to take a short break from blogging as well. Time off can clear the mind.

As noted in the title, it was pretty much a misspent week. I didn't accomplish much. I watched a lot of baseball and played games on the computer. I got together with my Dad on my birthday. And my friend Barbara made sure that I had plenty of diversions for my vacation, sending me a series of packages containing a yo-yo, a genuine metal Slinky, a copy of Mad magazine ("$4.99 - Cheap!" -- Ouch!), a kaleidoscope, and various types of retro candy, including a Mickey Mouse Pez dispenser. I now have all of the supplies I'll need for my second childhood. I told Barbara that she must have accidentally dropped the first digit on my age.

As I've noted in the past, all good things must end, including vacations. Last night, it was back to work. It went pretty well for a Monday. It was good to be able to just throw myself back into work and return to the routine. Now I'm looking forward to Memorial Day weekend, and an upcoming June trip to New York to get together with my brothers and see a game at Yankee Stadium. It's important to have something to look forward to.