3.25.2009

Neglectful

Yes, I've been neglecting you, dear readers. I must apologize. Between a nice vacation with family a couple of weeks ago and a couple of weeks of general indolence, it has not been a productive month here at Recycled Sip. This doesn't mean that I haven't been contemplating things to write about, it just means that I haven't taken the time to put pixels to screen.

I had a nice lengthy piece to write about how people who voted for him are beginning to realize that President Obama isn't who they thought he was, but really, you can read the same thing all over the internet. I may post it anyway, eventually, perhaps over the weekend. The problem is that I do some of my best thinking at work, where I don't have access to a computer keyboard. By the time I get home, I tend to lose focus.

I just watched country singer John Rich on the Glen Beck show, singing his new song "Shutting Detroit Down." It has a very powerful message. I happened to hear it the other night on the local Americana/bluegrass/country radio program that I listen to on the way to work on Sunday nights. And yes, normally I'm asleep right now, but the inconsiderate yahoo across the street was blat-blat-blatting his noisy ATV around 4:30 and woke me up. The only silver lining if Obama wrecks the economy and drives the cost of gasoline back up over $4.00 a gallon would be that the yahoos might not be able to afford to play with their noisy, obnoxious toys.