8.29.2006

Ernesto: Fizzle?

The guys on The Weather Channel in places like Islamorada and Miami Beach say that not much is happening there yet with the storm approaching. Some rain, some gusty wind, but nothing intense and long-lasting. I called my work hotline number and as of the last update on the recording at 6:00 p.m., it's business as usual. The peak of the storm is supposed to hit our area around 8 to 9 a.m., which is just after I drive home. We're on the weak side of the storm, but I suspect tomorrow's drive home will be a pain in the neck, so if they offer a chance to leave early, I'll take it. Weather.com shows predicted peak sustained winds for tomorrow morning both for work and for where I live at about 27 mph. That's nothing compared to Charlie or Wilma.

More in the morning when I get home from work.