6.21.2006

Tea and Artwork

First things first: I am not a tea drinker. It's a taste that I've never acquired. However, on the off chance that tea is one of your drinks of choice, I will tell you about an advertising postcard I spotted in the mail last night for The Republic of Tea. It announced the availability of the Darjeeling Nouveau, a prized tea "plucked on April 2, 2006 from the famed Thurbo Garden, which is set amongst the rolling, verdant hills of the Nepalese Darjeeling border." Since I'm not familiar with the nuances of gourmet tea, I probably wouldn't be able to tell it from Lipton Instant Tea mix. It's not cheap; it runs $19 for a 3.5 ounce tin, or $77 per pound. It was the poster artwork on the tin that caught my eye, however. If you click on the "View Larger" window on that second link, you can get a better view of it. What's the woman's name? I'm guessing Eleanor Rigby, and that her face is still in the jar by the door.

If you are a tea fancier, then by all means take a look at their web site. Alas, it's wasted on me. I'll just have a Cherry Diet Coke instead.