2.08.2006

The Flu, Day 2

I don't remember much about yesterday. I went to sleep around 8:15 in the morning, and slept on and off for about 20 hours or so. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning around 4 a.m. I'm not really hungry. I'm feeling marginally better today than yesterday, although I'm still feverish and achy. I'm drinking lots of water and getting plenty of rest. It looks like I'm out of commission for the rest of the week.

I'm watching the "Flight 93" docudrama on A&E. I saw another one last year called "The Flight That Fought Back." It's probably not good for me to watch something like that, because it brings back all the sorrow and anger I felt on that horrible day. And yet, it's important not to forget, not to sweep it under the rug. Our enemies are still out there.