5.19.2006

He's Baaaaaaack!

My new computer arrived Tuesday afternoon. I'm still in the process of getting things set up properly. It's going to be a time-consuming task, I'm afraid. My new XPS 600 is a behemoth; its footprint is much larger than my old desktop computer, in all three dimensions. It's very fast, it runs "Oblivion" beautifully, and the black-and-silver case looks cool (I can change the jewel-tone color of the light on the front; the default is Sapphire blue, but there's also Ruby, Emerald, Amber, Amethyst, Topaz (a light blue) and Diamond -- Current setting is Emerald). It's all new except for my old 18" flat panel digital monitor. I really don't have room on my computer desk for a larger one anyway, and they start getting pricier when they get bigger. It does mean that I'm limited to a 1280 x 1024 screen resolution, even though my graphics card could go even higher. However, when I run "Oblivion" at 1280 x 1024 with all of the bells and whistles turned on, it looks great!

More thoughts later. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm back in business here.