5.09.2006

Disaster Strikes

I'm blogging from my ancient laptop computer, which I haven't used in about three years. Why? Because my desktop computer's hard drive crashed and burned yesterday. The computer doesn't even recognize it as being present. This is a very bad thing. I had seriously considered getting a new computer a few weeks back. Today, I ordered one, but it will take about ten days to two weeks for me to get it. Until then, I have this underpowered POS.

The new computer is a Dell XPS 600, with an Intel Pentium D 95o 3.4 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM, a 250 GB hard drive, an Nvidia GeForce 7900 GTX 512 MB 3D graphics card, a 5.1 Dolby surround sound speaker set... You get the idea. This thing is gonna be one screamer of a gaming rig. The only thing I didn't get was a new monitor, since my old 18.1" digital flat panel was just fine. That saved me a hundred bucks, but it still set me back a pretty penny. You get what you pay for.