2.24.2005

The Things I Do For Science!

On Tuesday night, I noticed that something new had appeared in the vending machine in the break room at work: EuroMints, which are "energy" mints containing caffeine, in this particular case, wintergreen-flavored. According to the tin, each three-mint serving contains the caffeine equivalent of a can of soda; there are about 75 mints per tin. Well, in the name of science, I shelled out $2.00 and bought a tin of them last night. I didn't keep an exact count of how many I ate, but it was somewhere around a dozen or so. Combined with my normal caffeine consumption from the Diet Cokes I drink on breaks and at lunch, I had a pretty good caffeine buzz going by the end of the day. I certainly wouldn't want to consume the entire tin in one sitting or I'd be bouncing off the walls.

The mints also come in peppermint and cinnamon flavors, although the vending machine only had the wintergreen variety. They were light green in color and disk-shaped. The ad copy on their web site's The Look & Feel page claims that the mints are designed to have "softer edges, sexier curves," and to be "easy on the eyes." Come on, guys. Sometimes a mint is just a mint.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been having serious caffeine issues in the morning. I wake up with a headache, which makes me think I drink too much of it and am going through withdrawl in the AM. Think I'll pass on the mints.

Karen Zipdrive said...

I tried them- grainy and horrid.
But if they gave you a nice buzz, I'm happy for you, Clyde.