2.26.2005

Gorilla My Dreams

Perhaps you have seen the stories in the news about the three female employees of the Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, California, who have filed lawsuits against their employer because Koko the sign-language-"speaking" gorilla, female variety, wanted them to show her their nipples. Yes, that ape was sexually harassing them! Oh, the horror! Two of them refused to do it, but a third bared her breasts for the simian "as a disagreeable duty of her employment," as her lawyer put it. Note that the foundation's president, who asked the women to acquiesce to Koko's request, is a woman.

When I read stories like this, I have just one reaction: There are too damn many lawyers in this country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back BCK, missed your blog.
Topper451

Anonymous said...

But, but, but - I make my SALARY off of lawyers!!!