2.02.2009

Visualizing Michael Phelps' Next Commercial

When I saw this picture of Olympic gold medal-winning swimmer Michael Phelps:



All I could say was, "Dude! I hope that's a water-pipe, man!"

Now, some people worry that this faux pas could cause him to lose some commercial endorsements. However, as I see it, this broadens his appeal to a whole new audience: All of those people who were too stoned to watch him during the Olympics. I foresee something like this:

"Dude! It's Michael Phelps, man! When 4:20 rolls around at my house, I usually get chronically hungry. When I do, I like to break out a big bowl of Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn. Then, I like to hit Burger King for a Whopper with cheese and some onion rings. Super size it, dude! Then I like to have a big bag of Doritos, original cheese flavor, and for dessert... Dude, you gotta try these Oreo Cakesters! They rock! So for now, hang loose, and I'll catch you on the flip flop..."