10.17.2005

Vacation

I'm feeling lazy, which explains the lack of recent blogging. My mom's coming down from Michigan later in the week for a few days. We're going to do the touristy stuff here in Florida. I've got a few things in mind, but I'll see what she'd like to do while she is down here. Hopefully the latest tropical storm (Wilma) will stay far away from Florida.

The weather is beautiful this morning; the temperatures actually fell into the upper 60s overnight. Delightfully cool, compared to the lows in the mid-to-upper 70s that we had last week. It was too darned muggy. This actually feels like fall, at least as close as it gets to fall here in the southern part of the Sunshine State.

I'm a couple of hours away from playoff baseball in my computer baseball league. My team dropped the first two games of the best-of-seven series at home, which means we've dug a deep hole for ourselves. Hopefully we'll have better luck on the road. We'd better, or the series may not make it back to my park. So far, it's been very disappointing.