11.20.2007

Tuesday Stuff

I went to the airport this morning to pick up Bro' Karl. His flight was due to arrive from Newark at 10:07, and I timed it to arrive about 20 minutes early. It's a good thing that I did, because his flight arrived 30 minutes early. That was a Continental flight, by the way. He'd paid a visit to the facilities and was just coming up the ramp from the concourse when I arrived. We went down to the baggage claim area and his bag was already there. I was in and out of the airport parking lot in less than 20 minutes, which meant that I didn't have to pay anything!

We all got together with my dad for lunch at Iguana Mia, a local Mexican restaurant that is very good. Highly recommended if you're ever in the Fort Myers-Cape Coral area, since there is an Iguana Mia in both cities. Then Kurt, Karl, Rachel and I went and played a round of miniature golf. I did okay on the front nine, but had back-to-back disastrous scores on the 10th and 11th holes and the game went downhill from there. I was badly out of practice, and a combination of bad play and bad fortune did me in.

Now it's off to bed so I can get up for work in a few hours. I would say that I'm burning the candle at both ends, but there isn't much candle left; it's more like "burning the thin wax disc at both ends." Tomorrow will be a very long day, with a brunch planned, likely followed by a visit to Sanibel Island and then, who knows? I suspect I will crash hard late tomorrow afternoon or early evening, since I don't have to work Wednesday night...